Tuesday, April 12, 2005

London - 11th April 2005 Monday - WEEK 28 - Senior Farewell party and Ultimate Frisbee

British weather was unexpected as usual. It could get to 18 degree-Celsius on one day and dropped to 0 on another. The weather today was extraordinary good.

It was a warm and sunny day which everyone has been long awaiting.

Today was a very special day. We had a farewell party for the 4th year seniors in the Kensington Garden, a garden together with Hyde Park are called 'The Lung' of London. Squirrels, ducks, varieties of birds and even seagulls roam across the park. The garden was exceptionally beautiful today because of the good weather. It is spring now and flowers are blooming all over.

The farewell party was nothing more than a picnic gathering. Everyone had to pay 3 pounds for the food. The food was made by the new Malaysian Society Committee members.

Sausages, chicken wings, fried rice and mee were very tasty especially when you were hungry.

After filling up my stomach, I learnt to play a new game called Frisbee. A Frisbee is a round disc that can fly very far if you throw it well. At first, I thought throwing a disc was pretty easy but not after I tried it myself. It was very easy to 'throw it' and it would spin ungracefully for a short distance before it landed like China Airlines. After some practises, I managed to fly the Frisbee for quite a long distance stably.

It sounded easy, but when you actually did that yourself, you would know its difficulty.

After that, we played a game called Ultimate Frisbee. It is a combination of soccer, net-ball, rugby and basketball, with the ball swapped with the Frisbee of course. It is a game that required stamina, agility and some intelligence. If you are interested to know more about this game, have a look at this website - http://www.whatisultimate.com/what/what_game_en.html.

Time really flies when playing games. Due to the longer daylight during spring, I could play longer before the sunset. Without realizing how fast the time passed, we played until 7.30pm. After that, due to the fact that I have not been exercising for almost a month, my whole body was aching. I staggered to my bicycle in the college and cycled home.

In the night, I could hardly move. With great determination, I managed to totter to the kitchen and cooked for myself a delicious dinner.

With great satisfaction, I went to my sweet little single size bed and slept until 12 the next afternoon, completely disobeyed my well-planned timetable for the holiday.

 

No comments: